Transportation of animals - pecularities, standards and tips
The moving – is a significant event not only in our lives but in the lives of your favorite animals. Often, change of residence, a long and tedious road in uncomfortable conditions, unfamiliar terrain are extraordinary stress for them. That is why the convenience and safety of pets transporting care should be taken in advance. Indispensable tool in this regard will be the company «URA! Pereyizd»
We always care about the animals during the journey feel as comfortable as possible. We use special transport equipment. For example, for transportation of large mammals (dogs, goats, pigs) we use metal cages in two sizes. One of them has a height of 85 cm, width of 78 cm and length of 120 cm. The second cage smaller, its height is 61 cm, width of 54 cm and length of 76 cm:
|Big cage||Small cage|
For moving of smaller animals (cats, puppies, hamsters, mice, etc.) we use plastic boxes:
For transportation of large domestic animals such as horses or cows, either we use a specially equipped trailer with an interesting name "Batman", or truck that has a hinged door so that animals can easily enter the body of the car.
|Trailer Batman||Truck for animals|
In such circumstances your animals not only be protected from stress but may even get new experience and fun!
Standards for animals transportation
The Government also cares for the safety and comfort of the animals during their transportation, and so provided by law "Rules of transportation of animals", approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on 16 November 2011. №1402. According to them:
- Transportation of animals can be carried out with the attendant, and without it. There is not necessity in such a person if:
- animals are in closed containers, properly ventilated, contain food and water dosing in a sufficient duration to transport twice much as planned;
- carrier performs the functions of attendant;
- sender cared for the person who has the care of animals in stopping (Art. 4.5).
- The minimum surface area of special vehicles for different species as set by law and regulated in Annex 1 to these rules (Art. 7). View full table on the link.
- Vehicles should be provided adequate ventilation, taking into account, in particular, the weather conditions at the time of transportation, animal species and their number (p. 8).
- Floor vehicles must be tight and prevent slipping and covered with bedding (straw, sawdust, peat, etc.) in an amount sufficient to absorb excrement, or equipped with means of abduction (art. 9).
- Mammals and birds should be fed every 24 hours and water every 12 hours. Food and water should be of high quality (p. 28).
- The sender provides the carrier or leash attendant. It should be durable, enable animals to lie down, eat and drink, and to minimize the risk of suffocation or injury (Art. 18).
- In certain situations, under Article 19, certain animals should be transported.
There are 8 categories of animals that are unfit for transport. They are listed in Articles 21 and 22.
- Means of transport should include labeling, which means that there are live animals and a sign indicating that the placement is vertical and preclude escape of animals (Art. 25).
- Articles 35-38 are requirements for vehicles through which the transportation of animals.
The company «URA! Pereyizd» provides the proper implementation of the above rules. A complete list of these rules is available here.
However, the law can not be settled and provide all the situations and challenges that arise during the transport of animals. So get some advice based on our own experience available.
Tips to transporting of dogs and mammals, up to 90 cm:
- A dog must always be transported in vehicles with many windows, because it has to see the environment.
- During transportation a window should always be open so that the air flow is directed at a dog and the car body gets fresh air well. A dog will always locate its head parallel to air flow - it will soothe and distract it from the trip.
- You should use special cells, because they are designed so that allows excrement to take an animal without opening of the cage. It should be noted that quality cells for transportation of animals always have a tray of stainless steel, which can be easily removed and washed.
- You should ensure that the cage contains a piece of fabric. This is needed for a dog could walk to all the negative emotions to it, and not on others. Also, the fabric can absorb animal faeces, so you need to have another one in reserve.
- It is important to take a small metal plate on which a dog will drink during stops. Water is preferably used with prior residence dogs, as well as other water can cause stomach upset.
- If the moving will take no longer than 12 hours, it’s not recommended to feed a dog before and during the transporting. So it will take better the process of transportation. Also, it will reduce the probability of nausea. Another cause of nausea for dogs is disorientation, i.e. the state in which an animal feels that moves, but can not see the road or changing environment.
- Always choose the way of quality coverage as the car maneuvers potholes and negatively affect a dog. It constantly will be on the pallet of stainless steel, which will be difficult to keep balance on.
- In the first 30 minutes of carriage a dog will bark and otherwise attract the attention of others. In this case, there should not be respond to its action. Identify calm, and after 30 minutes there will be quiet in the car.
- Every two hours you should do the stop, give a dog a drink and open all the doors to a dog saw the changing environment. So it will understand that it is safe.
- In cases where a dog owner can not make it in the cage, or it does not respond to commands cynologist recommended that in the special form catch a dog and put it in a cage.
Tips for transportation of cats, hamsters, mice, puppies:
- For transportation of small mammals it is recommend using plastic boxes. They allow you to save space in the car, and there are more mobile than large cells.
- For cats and small mammals see the road is not such a necessity thing as for dogs, so they can be transported in a closed body and without light. These animals will carry traffic safely, because most of them feel good in the dark.
- If the transfer will take no more than 12 hours before the start and during its implementation is not recommended to feed or water the animals. They easily transfer with no water and food during this time. The exceptions are puppies - they should drink and a little feed.
For cats and dogs, even if they live amicably with one another, they must be transported separately. In close cell they start to fight for territory.
- When transporting cats, be sure to pull on the plastic box grid because these animals can own from the inside to open the lock. Such cases, unfortunately, occur frequently.
- Cats, hamsters and mice always get in their special cage space for emptying, so you should take it to a plastic box. It is unlikely that they will take advantage of it, but it can not hurt to be safe.
Tips for the transport of horses and cows:
- For transportation of large mammals, which include horses, cows and goats, use a special trailer called "Batman" or equipped truck door which rejected a ladder, and an animal can independently go to the middle.
- The body must be equipped with place to attach a cow and her avoid unnecessary movements.
- It is important to remember that large mammals go standing because they can easily be in that position for a long period of time. For this round each animal must install barriers that will prevent their attempts to sit down. These activities are carried out in order to avoid damage to the extremities when an animal tries to sit down.
- In the middle of the trailer should not be any foreign objects, even hay, as it can get wet and make the floor slippery. Also, an animal may begin to eat them, which will change its position in the body.
- Before the transfer and during its implementation you should not feed the animals. It is recommended to only give them the necessary amount of water from their previous place of residence.
- Every 2 hours it’s necessary to make a stop and give animals some rest. If necessary, wet cleaning should be carried out of the body. It is important that the floor is dry.
- It should be a minimum 30 liters of drinking water per an animal, and packaging and a long brush for cleaning the floor in the back.
We are able to provide such a move in which both animals and owners will be happy!
We wish you a successful moving your pets!